Collection of quotes about anchors to be used in an Instagram post or even as an idea for a tattoo, some of these quotes have great depth and are perfect to use when you feel that your life is hectic.
You may have heard someone refer to someone or something as their “anchor.” What exactly does it mean to have a life anchor? In a general way it means that we use a person or a feeling to keep us grounded. It is what helps us stay calm when things in our lives get turbulent.
A royal anchor is an ancient nautical symbol that represents stability, strength, and support. These phrases do a great job of illustrating an anchor as a representation of hope, life as well as giving you inspiration.
Table of Contents
The best phrases about Anchors
1. “A life without God is like a ship without an anchor.”
2. “Hope keeps our soul firm and secure like an anchor.”
3. “Children are the anchors that tie life to mothers.”
4. “Life’s harshest storms demonstrate the strength of our anchors.”
5. “A ship should not sail with a single anchor, nor should life be lived with a single hope.”
6. “The ship of our dreams must be anchored or else they will be lost.”
7. “Her eyes were the most beautiful anchor that bound my dreams.”
8. “To lose our connection to the body is to become spiritually homeless. Without this anchor, we float aimlessly, buffeted by the winds and waves of life.”
9. “Once you have found your anchor, never let go, no matter what.”
10. “The past is an anchor with suffering written on the rope. Don’t live there. Break free.”
11. “Hope is the anchor of our life.”
Lailah Gifty Akita
12. “Unless man anchors himself to true love; man will always move in the middle of nowhere!”
Mehmet Murat Ildan
13. “There are pilgrims from eternity, whose ship wanders hither and thither, and who will never drop anchor.”
14. “Your love is an anchor in my life.”
15. “Giving happiness and doing good, that is our law, our anchor of salvation, our lighthouse, our reason for being”
16. “It is better to lose the anchor than the whole ship.”
17. “I will keep your heart anchored in my soul as long as we both live.”
18. “All you need is an anchor to keep you safely grounded when the rest of your life spirals out of control.”
19. “Hope is the anchor of our souls. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t need hope: young or old, strong or weak, rich or poor.”
James E. Faust
20. “Home should be your anchor, a safe harbor in a storm, a refuge and a happy place to dwell, a place where we are loved and where we can love.”
Marvin J Ashton
21. “Work is an anchor that prevents undisciplined minds from drifting into the past. It keeps you in the present tense.”
22. “Love is the anchor that keeps you from drifting.”
23. “Learn to forgive yourself. Guilt is a kind of anchor that slows down our growth and transformation.”
24. “Women and God are the two rocks on which a man must anchor or be shipwrecked.”
Frederick W Robertson
25. “Having a purpose can be something grandiose and visionary or it can be very small, subtle and simple. Understanding your purpose anchors your awareness to the contribution you make every day.”
26. “We do not have to remain anchored in the quicksand of a dwindling past and lose the war against oblivion, but we must listen to the scorching sounds of new horizons.”
27. “Sometimes we sail with the wind and sometimes against it, but we must sail, not drift or drop anchor.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes
28. “Breathing slowly is like an anchor in the middle of an emotional storm; said anchor will not make the storm go away, but at least it will hold it steady until it passes.”
29. “Everyone has their own boat, it’s a matter of getting it out of the sand and into the water. You can anchor the ship if you are afraid of storms and go nowhere or you can let God be the navigator and guide you on your journey.”
30. “If I lose control, be my center. If I am in the storm, be my shelter. If my faith is gone, be my hope. And when the sea roars, be my anchor.
What do you think of these quotes about anchors?
Sailors use a ship’s anchor to keep the ship from drifting due to current or wind conditions. It’s easy to see how this can be a great way to describe life.
What phrase did you like? You can use the comments section below.