Here you will find a collection of truly inspiring Larry Page and Sergey Brin quotes about success. They are the founders of Google, the number 1 search engine in the world.
Lawrence Edward “Larry” Page (March 26, 1973) is the CEO of Google’s parent company, Alphabet Inc., a giant company that encompasses Google and other companies in its field. As of June 2018, Larry Page was the 9th richest person in the world with a net worth of $56.6 billion.
Page’s passion for computers and computing began at the age of six and his interest in technology and inventions at twelve. His teen idol was Nikola Tesla. He graduated with honors from Michigan State University with a degree in Computer Engineering. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Stanford University. The Instituto de Empresa awarded him an honorary master’s degree in Business Administration and he was the first to receive the Alumni society recent engineering graduate award from the University of Michigan.
Sergey Brin (born August 21, 1973) is the chairman of Google’s parent company, Alphabet Inc. As of June 2018, Sergey Brin was the 10th richest person in the world with an estimated personal fortune of $55.1 billion.
Brin emigrated to the United States with his family from the Soviet Union when he was just six years old.4 He graduated from the University of Maryland, following in his grandfather’s and father’s footsteps in studying math and science. computing. After graduation he transferred to Stanford University for a Ph.D. in computer science on scholarship.
There he met Larry Page with whom he would later become friends. In a shared room they developed a search engine thanks to data mining. The search engine caught on at Stanford and they put their studies on hold to launch the future Google search engine in a rented garage. The company in a few years had great success worldwide.
Larry Page and Sergey Brin are living their dreams and life on their own terms because they chose to be different. May these phrases inspire within you the courage and motivation to take action and fight for your dreams.
20 quotes by Larry Page
1. “If you are changing the world, you are working on important things. You are excited when you wake up in the morning.”
2. “You don’t have to have a company of 100 people to develop an idea.”
3. “Always deliver more than expected.”
4. “Work hard on something that is exciting and uncomfortable at the same time.”
5. “If we were primarily motivated by money, we would have sold the company long ago and be lying in the sun on some heavenly beach.”
6. “My job as a leader is to assure all the workers in the company that they will have great opportunities in it and that they feel that their presence makes sense.”
7. “Many companies do not succeed over time. What are they basically doing wrong? They often forget about the future. I try to focus on the following question: What is the future that really awaits me?
8. “Have a healthy contempt for the impossible and dedicate yourself to building new solutions.”
9. “If you don’t do some crazy things, you’re not on the right track.”
10. “Small groups of people can have a really huge impact.”
11. “Basically, our goal is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.”
12. “When a great dream appears in front of your eyes, catch it!”
13. “If you have a product that is really getting a lot of use, then it’s probably a good idea.”
14. “The ultimate search engine would understand exactly what you mean and return exactly what you want.”
15. “You never lose a dream, it just hatches as a hobby.”
16. “It is very difficult to miss completely if you aim high enough.”
17. “Sometimes it is easier to make progress on very ambitious dreams. Since there is no other crazy like you, you have very little competition.”
18. “Optimism is important. You have to be a bit silly about the goals you’re going to set. You should try to do things that most people wouldn’t.”
19. “You must do things that are really important, but you must also have fun, because if not, you will not be successful.”
20. “Sometimes it feels like the world is falling apart out there, but it’s actually a good time to get a little crazy, get carried away by curiosity and be ambitious about your projects.”
10 phrases of Sergey Brin
21. “I would like to see someone capable of achieving their dreams and that is what this organization does.”
22. “I feel that there is an existential angst among young people. I don’t feel the same. They see huge mountains where I only saw a small hill to climb.”
23. “The only way to succeed is to have a lot of failures first.”
24. “As we move forward, I hope we continue to use technology to make really big differences in the way people live and work.”
25. “Solving big problems is easier than solving small problems.”
26. “Too many rules stop innovation.”
27. “We want Google to be the other third of your brain”
28. “We will make machines that can reason, think and do things better than us.”
29. “We just want to have great people working for us.”
30. “Obviously everyone wants to be successful, but I want to be seen as highly innovative, someone who is trustworthy and ethical, and ultimately someone who makes a big difference in the world.”
I hope you enjoyed reading these Larry Page and Sergey Brin quotes quotes!
What were your favorite phrases? Share them below in the comments.