These firefighter quotes will show you why we should appreciate and respect those who serve and protect us every day.
The real heroes are all those who work to protect us and keep us safe every day like firefighters. Although they are often overlooked in the community, they never hesitate to come running to save people in all kinds of emergency situations and that is why we should show our appreciation to our firefighters.
In honor of your hometown heroes, below is a collection of firefighter quotes compiled from a variety of sources.
Firefighter quotes to celebrate their bravery
1. “Firefighters never know what they will find on each call, but they always come with the same level of commitment and service.”
2. “Firefighters never die, they just burn forever in the hearts of the people whose lives they saved.”
Susan Diane Murphree
3. “The hero is the man who allows no obstacle to prevent him from pursuing the values he has chosen.”
4. “To be a firefighter we need more than just study a few books and learn some technical knowledge; we have to have the heart of a lion and the courage of a warrior.”
5. “Every firefighter knows that they are always susceptible to all kinds of tragedies. Still, they go to work every day knowing that they are doing something so positive and that people really respect and appreciate them.”
Thomas Von Essen
6. “The funny thing about firefighters is that day or night, they are always firefighters.”
7. “Firefighters go where they are needed, sometimes ignoring the dangers even when there is no one inside a burning building to be saved.”
8. “A hero is someone who has given his life for something greater than himself.”
9. “The most admirable thing about firefighters is reliability. When they are called they come.”
10. “Firefighters are some of the most selfless public servants you will ever meet.”
11. “All men are created equal, so only a select few become firefighters.”
12. “The work of the firefighter is knowing how to combine his vocation with teamwork, dedication to his service and sacrifice for his fellow men.”
13. “Firefighters are indispensable foot soldiers for homes.”
14. “When a man becomes a firefighter, he has accomplished his greatest act of bravery. What he does afterwards is in accordance with his work.”
Edward F Croker
15. “Firefighter appreciation is not just a once-a-year thing because firefighters are there for each of us every day.”
16. “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes!”
17. “I cannot think of a more moving symbol for humanity than a fire engine.”
18. “What others call being a hero, firefighters call doing their job.”
19. “A hero is not braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. “True courage is being afraid and going ahead and doing your job anyway. That is courage.”
21. “True heroes are men who fall and fail and have flaws, but in the end they win because they have stayed true to their ideals, beliefs and commitments.”
22. “Being a firefighter is the closest thing to being a modern soldier in your home country.”
23. “Nothing releases our greatness more than the desire to help, the desire to serve.”
24. “Most of the time, a hero’s most epic battle is the one you never see; it is the battle that rages within him or her.”
25. “The bravest are without a doubt those who have the clearest vision of what awaits them, both the glory and the danger and yet go out to face it.”
26. “Hard times don’t create heroes. It is during difficult times that the ‘hero’ within us is revealed.”
27. “Firefighters do not practice their profession to be heroes and take credit for their actions; they are because of their genuine appreciation for people and their safety.”
28. “You have to do something in your life that is honorable and not cowardly if you want to live in peace with yourself, and for the firefighter it is fire.”
29. “Are there firefighters who are afraid of fire? Yes, there are a lot! However, it is obvious that the love for the profession of firefighter is much greater than this fear!”
Mehmet Murat Ildan
30. “In the eyes of some, working as a firefighter may seem humble; but others of us recognize his work and think that it is a noble vocation. His greatest pride is saving lives. Under the impulse of such thoughts, the nobility of his occupation excites them and stimulates them to acts of daring, even of supreme sacrifice. ”
What do you think of these quotes about firefighters?
Take your time and reread the quotes. Think of the sacrifice they make and the risk they take every day to protect you. Then think about what you can do to show firefighters in your local area how much you appreciate what they do for you.