Collection of truly inspiring Katharine Hepburn phrases about love, life and what it is to be a woman that will empower you.
Katharine Houghton Hepburn was an American actress who rose to fame in the 20th century and is considered one of the greatest actresses to ever exist in Hollywood.
It was during his time in college that he began acting, eventually taking part in plays performed on Broadway. Her performances caught the attention of Hollywood filmmakers and she found her own success with the movie “Glory of a Day” in 1933, for which she won an Academy Award for Best Actress. She went on to win three more Academy Awards for best actress for “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner , ” “The Lion in Winter” and “On Golden Pond .”
Hepburn’s winning 4 Academy Awards for Best Actress remains an all-time record and the American Film Institute has awarded her as Best Actress in the Classic Hollywood Film category.
Table of Contents
- Frases de Katharine Hepburn
Frases de Katharine Hepburn
Hepburn was known for her outspoken nature and was famous for her wit. She left you below a compilation of some of the best phrases and thoughts of Katharine Hepburn.
Here are the best quotes from Katharine Hepburn:
1. “If you obey all the rules, you will miss out on all the fun.”
2. “Love has nothing to do with what you hope to get; it has to do with what you are expecting to give.”
3. “Never give up. Create your own path.”
4. “Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.”
5. “Life is hard. After all, it kills you.”
6. “Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Maybe we should live next door and visit each other from time to time.”
7. “If you want to change your attitude, start by changing your behavior.”
8. “Normal women know more about men than beautiful women.”
9. “I have not lived as a woman, I have lived as a man. I’ve done everything I wanted to do and made enough money to support myself, plus I’m not afraid to be alone.”
10. “What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of chocolate.”
11. “You can’t change the music of your soul.”
12. “Prizes are nothing. My prize is my work.”
13. “Life can be tremendously tragic at times and I’ve had my share. But no matter what happens, you have to maintain a slightly comical attitude. As a final conclusion, you must not forget to laugh.”
14. “If you need a helping hand, you can find one at the end of your arm.”
15. “If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, get married.”
16. “I’m an atheist and that’s it. I think there is nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people.”
17. “I have loved and been in love. There is a big difference between the two.”
18. “Everyone thought he was bold, brave and even arrogant, but inside he was always shaking.”
19. “Children need limits, to know how far they have to go to overcome them.”
20. “Life is to be lived. If you have to support yourself, you better find something that is interesting and that won’t do if you sit around.”
21. “Acting is the least of talents. Never forget that you won’t get a Nobel for it and that Shirley Temple did it perfectly when she was four years old.”
22. “Live dangerously. There is a lot to say about sin.”
23. “Only really simple people know about love; the very fascinating ones try so hard to create a good impression that they soon exhaust their talents.”
24. “I really believe that people do their best.”
25. “Only when a woman decides not to have children, a woman can live like a man. That is what I did.”
26. “Being a housewife and mother is the greatest job in the world, but if you are not interested, do not do it, I would have been a terrible mother.”
27. “Death would be a great relief. I wouldn’t have any more interviews.”
28. “When you know more, it is easier to do better.”
29. “I don’t believe in marriage. Loving, honoring and obeying is impractical. If it were, you wouldn’t have to sign a contract.”
30. “Without discipline, there is no life at all.”
31. “Old age comes unexpectedly. Suddenly you no longer jump out of the chair, but you stand up, which is a different action.”
32. “I regret a lot of things and I’m sure everyone does. If you have common sense, you regret the stupid things you’ve done and if you don’t, maybe it’s because you’re stupid.
33. “If you are given a choice between money and attractiveness, take the money. When you get old, money will be your attraction.”
34. “First, give yourself pleasure, because this is the only way you can be sure that at least someone is satisfied.”
35. “I think most people involved in any art are always secretly wondering if they are really there because they are good or because they are lucky.”
What do you think of these quotes from Katharine Hepburn?
Katharine Hepburn was an iconic movie star who appeared in movies for over 50 years. Her words are great reminders of her magnetic personality and her fascinating outlook on life.
What were your favorite phrases? Let us know in the comments section below.