“Time waits for no man. Unless that man is Chuck Norris.” “Dinosaurs looked at Chuck Norris the wrong way once. You know what happened to them.” These are just a sample of the Chuck Norris quotes and jokes making the rounds on the internet.
I could share all these Chuck Norris memes for days, but who is the real Chuck Norris? And why does everyone think he is so invincible?
Chuck Norris is an Air Force veteran. His experience in the Air Force introduced him to martial arts while he was stationed at Osan Air Base in South Korea. When he returned to the United States, he applied to be a police officer in California. While waiting for an answer, he opened his martial arts studio. He participated in various contests and events in an attempt to promote his new business venture.
Table of Contents
He was featured in Black Belt magazine for winning the Karate triple crown and made his acting debut in the movie ‘The Wrecking Crew’ in 1969. In 1972 he appeared in the movie ‘Way of the Dragon’ facing off in a match against the protagonist played by Bruce Lee.
Norris became a popular action movie star in the 1980s and starred in his own television series in the 1990s. Not surprisingly, these Chuck Norris quotes include his thoughts on politics, government, acting, and martial arts. .
The best phrases of Chuck Norris
1. “Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their courage.”
2. “Many times people see the negative side of what they feel they can’t do. I always look on the positive side of what I can do.”
3. “The only time you lose is when you don’t learn from that experience.”
4. “I think you have to set a goal, get a visual image of what you want. You have to see what it is you want to achieve before you can pursue it.”
5. “I think you can learn from history.”
6. “Violence is my last option.”
7. “Many people give up just before they are about to make it. You know, you never know when the next hurdle will be the last.”
8. “You can always tell the real character and personality of a person from those around him closely, especially if they are family.”
9. “A long time ago it became a principle of my life to cultivate a positive state of mind, strive to project it and share it with the people I know. It is a principle that has served me well.”
10. “A walk in nature is a perfect backdrop to combine exercise, prayer, and meditation while enhancing the benefits of these activities.”
11. “God bless all who serve or have served our country.”
12. “Good morals lead to good laws.”
13. “Karate is the best thing you can do for your child.”
14. “The only time we fail is when we stop trying.”
15. “Always remember that success starts within you: if you can’t see it at first, no one else will.”
16. “The best defense is not to offend.”
17. “You are not what has happened to you. You are what you choose to be”
18. “Whatever luck I had, I did. I was never a natural athlete, but I paid my dues with sweat and focus and took the time to learn karate and become a world champion.”
19. “I have some news for you guys. I am not a superman. I realize that now, but I didn’t always do it.”
20. “Exercise, prayer, and meditation are examples of calming rituals. They have been shown to induce a happier mood and provide a positive path through daily frustrations.”
21. “People study martial arts for many reasons, sometimes for the wrong reasons.”
22. “As a six-time world karate champion and later a movie star, I was overly confident in who I was, what I could do, and what I acquired. I forgot how much I needed others and especially God.”
23. “If your soul needs healing, the prescription you need is not the tears of Chuck Norris, it is the blood of Jesus.”
24. “As a former Airman 1st Class in the United States Air Force and like many veterans, my military experience played an important role in instilling in me a sense of character and discipline that has served me throughout my life.”
25. “If you want to achieve something in life, you can’t just sit back and wait for it to happen. You have to make it happen.”
26. “I have found that anything worth achieving will always have bumps in the road, and you have to have that drive and determination to overcome those bumps in the road to whatever it is you want to achieve.”
27. “The three key components for success are the following: psychological preparation, physical conditioning and mental strength.”
28. “People complain and say ‘I haven’t been successful because I haven’t had opportunities.’ You build your own opportunities.”
29. “Some of the most miserable people I have ever met are some of the richest in America, they are the most miserable people I have ever seen.”
30. “I have been very fortunate to be able to use my series as a platform to show a good message to children.”
31. “People need to realize what true happiness and success is, because success as an actor is fleeting. You can be there one day and be gone the next.”
32. “It’s the bullies who are afraid, who make all the fights. It’s not the safe kids who go out and fight. They are insecure children.”
33. “One of the principles of my life is to develop myself to the maximum of my potential in every way and to help others to do the same.”
34. “Parks represent an efficient and cost-effective way to improve public health.”
35. “To bring down the strongholds of the devil, use the mighty weapons of God, not the weapons made by men.”
36. “I want them to know how to defend themselves if necessary, but to avoid confrontations whenever possible, because they will have nothing to prove by fighting.”
37. “Life is very fragile and you never know when it ends. It only takes a moment and then it may be too late to accept God’s offer of forgiveness.”
38. “When I got into the movie business, my goal was to adopt a positive character, a guy who fights against injustice. And that saved me, because my acting was atrocious, to say the least!”
39. “I will continue to guide my life towards achieving goals, because that positive attitude helps my family, my country and myself.”
40. “Sometimes the things we want the most are the hardest to get. That means you have to be even more determined to succeed. That’s what it takes to be a winner. You have to love him enough to keep going no matter how hard things get.”
Which of these Chuck Norris quotes is your favorite?
A few years after his first film, he played Bruce Lee’s nemesis in the critically acclaimed martial arts film ‘Way of the Dragon.’ This movie broke box office records and is credited with launching his career as an action star.
Norris shot several action movies between 1984 and 1993 that cemented his place in Hollywood. In 1993, he landed the lead role in the series ‘Walker, Texas Ranger’
His careers in martial arts and film are impressive, but few others in either industry have amassed the cult following that Chuck Norris has.