Do you struggle to get your life priorities in order? These quotes about priorities will help you clarify what is really important to you in your life.
In today’s busy world, we can feel pressured to juggle too many responsibilities. Since there seemingly isn’t enough time in the day to get everything done, we often wonder what our top priority should be. Ask anyone in your life and you’ll probably get different answers from different people. This makes sense, because most people will have different priorities.
How can you determine what should be your highest priority?
Chances are this is the first thing that comes to mind when you read that question. For many people, the most important thing in life is family, whether that includes their spouse, children, or other family members. For other people, their top priority may be their health, faith, community, career, or personal growth.
The best quotes about priorities
1. “You have to move by priorities, that is the secret of mastery of time.”
2. “The lack of time is really a lack of priorities.”
3. “There is never enough time to do everything, but there is always enough time to do the most important things.”
4. “Try to have clear priorities and keep the emergency list up to date.”
5. “Most of us spend too much time on the urgent and not enough on the important.”
6. “Action expresses priorities.”
7. “To change your life, you need to change your priorities.”
8. “There is no such thing as ‘I don’t have time.’ This is all just a matter of priorities.”
9. “Whether you like it or not, the world evolves, priorities change, and so do you.”
10. “There’s nothing like a good night’s sleep to remind you what your priorities are.”
11. “If it’s a priority, you’ll find a way to do it. If not, you will find an excuse.”
12. “Instead of saying ‘I don’t have time,’ try saying ‘it’s not a priority’ and see how you feel.”
13. “The key is not to prioritize what is on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.”
14. “Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions.”
Dallin H Oaks
15. “Your decisions reveal your priorities.”
Jeff Van Gundy
16. “My first priority is spending time with my family.”
17. “I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories in all areas of your life. You cannot consider yourself truly successful in your business life if your home life is a mess.”
18. “Good things happen when you set your priorities.”
19. “I have always been very conscious of balance and even before I had a child, my life always took precedence over my work.”
20. “If you are too busy to enjoy quality time with your family, then you need to re-evaluate your priorities.”
21. “Time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters.”
22. “Family has always been the number one priority, no matter what happens elsewhere.”
23. “Sometimes things happen in life that allow us to understand our priorities very clearly.”
24. “I’m a pretty independent person, and I had to be. When I was a child and became a young man, I had to take care of myself. And now I’m very family oriented. It is a big priority in my life.”
25. “Let us reflect on what is really valuable in life, what gives meaning to our lives, and set our priorities based on that.”
26. “Being prepared is important, knowing how to wait is even more important, but taking advantage of the right moment is the key to life.”
27. “Sometimes it is the smallest decisions that can change your life forever.”
28. “My children are my priority and always have been.”
29. “Never put your family, friends, or partner low on your priority list. I prefer a handful of really close friends to a hundred acquaintances.”
30. “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you can’t get more time.”
31. “The priority must be to carry out the activities that add value from the beginning, in order to create more.”
George Gonzalez Moore
32. “Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to trade for it. Set your priorities and go to work.”
33. “A symptom that you are approaching a nervous breakdown is believing that your work is tremendously important.”
34. “My first priority is to try to protect my family.”
35. “Remembering that I am going to die soon is the most important tool I have found to help me make the big decisions in life”
36. “The wise are those who learn that the bottom line does not always have to be your top priority.”
William Arthur Ward
37. “Deadlines are not bad. They help you organize your time. They help you set priorities. They make you go when you don’t feel like it.”
38. “Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.”
39. Our ability to classify things is invaluable in making decisions and setting priorities.
40. “There is no real magic to being a good leader. But at the end of each week, you need to spend your time on the things that are really important: setting priorities, measuring results, and rewarding them.”
Jeffrey R. Immelt
41. “Action requires focus and priorities, and these inherently require compromise and pragmatism.”
42. “I would like to be remembered as someone who kept his priorities in the right order.”
S. Truett Cathy
43. “As always: The urgent does not leave time for the Important.”
44. “He who thinks long before making a decision will spend his whole life standing on one foot”
45. “Take advantage of the time that flies by so fast; order will teach you to buy time”.
Johann W. Goethe
46. “Things that matter most should never be at the mercy of those that matter least.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
47. “Every night before I go to bed, I take out a little card and write a list of the things I have to do the next day in order of priority.”
Joseph B Wirthlin
48. “You don’t have to live in the thick of things. Focus on your priorities, on those activities that make real sense. Your life will be rewarding and exceptionally peaceful.”
49. “Time is beyond our control and the clock is ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximize the time we have.”
John C Maxwell
50. “Don’t manage your time, manage your priorities. Cut your main goals into small pieces. Every little priority or requirement on the way to the end goal becomes a mini goal in itself.”
So what is your top priority?
Whatever you decide is your highest priority in your life, you will always have time for it above all else. It can be your family, work, health or something else.
From there, you can decide what is the next priority, the next, and the next. Don’t forget to make personal care one of your priorities! If you don’t allow some time for your own needs, everything else will fall apart.
What is your biggest takeaway from these sentences about priorities? Do you have any other helpful quotes to add? You can use the comments section below.