Parents are the kind and supportive presence that makes our family live together. Being a father, however, is not easy at all. It’s a full-time job that takes a lot of energy and time but has its incredible rewards. There is nothing like the relationship between parents and children.
Take a look at this collection of parenting quotes to see what makes a great parent and how to appreciate our parents more.
The work parents do is never appreciated enough!
60 phrases for Parents about raising children
Here are the messages and quotes for Parents:
1. “There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one.”
Being a father is too complicated a task for someone to demand perfection from a father. Each child is unique and as such each relationship between parents and children is different from the others. Being honest and keeping trying is the best thing a parent can do.
2. “A good father is a source of inspiration and self-control. A good mother is the root of kindness and humility .”
Dr T. P. Chia
Our parents are our source of inspiration when we learn what kind of people we want to be. We are inspired by your resilience, the sweetness of your love, your ability to give so much and ask for so little in return. In our parents we find the treasures that will fill our hearts.
3. “Parenting is about guiding the next generation and forgiving the last.”
Children and parents are united in bonds that surpass time and that join generations. We find our roots in our parents and grandparents and become roots for our children. With this lasting bond, love remains always alive.
4. “There are only two lasting legacies we can leave for our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.”
Parents have a difficult mission. They should offer their children support while encouraging them to find their own path. Happy children need roots to tell them they have a place in the world and wings to tell them they can be anything they want.
5. “The best kind of parent you can be is to lead by example.”
Parents always care about helping their children to be good people. Children do not need lessons or lectures on how to behave or what values to adopt. They learn by observing the people around them. Their parents can only set a good example for them.
6. “One of the best gifts a parent can give a child is to help them find their talent.”
Parents see in their children the reflection of themselves but children are unique people, with their own gifts, talents and desires. The best thing a parent can do is encourage their children to find their uniqueness and embrace it.
7. “A father’s love is complete no matter how many times it is divided.”
Being a father is discovering that our hearts have an infinite reserve of love and patience. A father’s love cannot be drained, divided or wasted. It is a kind of love that multiplies for each child, always growing and going far.
8. “There is no friendship, nor love like that of the father for the child.”
Henry Ward Beecher
Parents see in their children parts of themselves and parts of the person they love. Your children are the gift of love and for this reason they are loved with the deepest devotion possible for the human heart.
9. “Your children require you above all to love them for who they are, not to spend all your time trying to correct them.
Some parents see in their children the possibility of fulfilling their lost hopes and dreams. This is a common parenting mistake because it means refusing to accept a child’s personality and natural dispositions. The most important thing a child needs is acceptance.
10. “The depth of a parent’s love for their child cannot be measured. It’s not like any other relationship.”
James E Faust
When their children are born, parents discover that there is a special kind of love growing in their hearts. It is a love that does not impose conditions or limits and that can be easily forgotten and forgiven. It is a unique love and does not know an end.
11. “To understand the love of your parents, you must raise your children yourself.”
As children it is difficult to realize the extent of our parents’ efforts to raise us. When we become parents we realize that parenting is hard work and that our parents deserve our gratitude and respect for raising us so well.
12. “Parents are the best role models for children. Every word, movement and action has an effect.”
Children trust their parents unconditionally, always believing in their love, their good intentions and their knowledge. Without realizing it, children see their parents as role models and learn how to be good people by repeating their parents’ behavior.
13. “My heroes are and were my parents. I can’t see anyone else as my heroes.”
When we were children, we saw our parents as people with superpowers who always know what to do and who can do things that seem impossible to us. No wonder they easily become our heroes and we look up to them with admiration and love.
14. “Is there a magical age when children become parents to their parents?”
The parent-child relationship is one of the most satisfying relationships. It is at once love, care and lasting connection. We begin our lives being cared for by our parents and we end our lives being cared for by our children. It is a complete cycle of love.
15. “Thank God my parents were very patient.”
Being a parent isn’t all fun and joy. Children don’t realize how much energy and time they demand from their parents until they are older and look back. Only then will they be able to see the amount of love and patience they had in their happy childhood.
16. “It is beautiful to be a father and to be in a strong marriage with someone who is your best friend.”
Being a parent is hard but it becomes more fun and interesting when children grow up in a happy and loving family. When parents love and support each other, children grow up in a positive environment that will teach them to be great people and great parents when their turn comes.
17. “I think that being a father is knowing how to love. Sometimes love is discipline, or it’s humor, or it’s listening.”
Parents are the best to know that love does not mean being sweet and tolerant at all costs. Love should help your children become better people. Parents want their children to maximize their strengths and minimize their flaws. The best love can often be difficult.
18. “Does any new parent, even if you’re not a new parent, ever really know what to do? “
Robert Downey Jr.
New parents fear not knowing what to do but the reality is that most new parents have no idea how to handle all the responsibilities that suddenly come their way. Being a parent is a learning curve. With the right amount of patience everything works.
19. “At work, you are replaceable… but as a parent, you are irreplaceable.”
No matter how great friends, co-workers or professionals we are, the truth is that very often there is someone better than us. For our children alone, we are truly irreplaceable. The place we occupy in their hearts is forever ours.
20. “I became the kind of father my mother was to me.”
We learn much more from our parents than we attribute to them. When we become parents, we begin to recognize its influence on the way we treat our own children. This is something important to keep in mind since our children will probably learn from us what it means to be a father.
21. “First your parents give you your life but then they try to give you life.”
Being a parent is a lifelong commitment. Children can sometimes have a more informal relationship with their parents, but for parents the relationship with their children is the most important thing. It is a relationship where they never stop caring or giving advice.
22. “A great challenge for parents is how to prepare themselves to be successful in counseling children.”
One of the most difficult challenges for parents is to provide good advice to their children but also to make sure that their children follow that advice. Children can be stubborn and try to assert their personalities, which is why being a good parent requires good diplomacy skills.
23. “No matter how far we go, our parents will always be with us.”
Our parents encourage us to go out into the world and do great things to make them proud, but even if we are far from home, we will always have them with us and within us. His advice and his love always continue to speak to us in the most unexpected ways.
24. “Because even if the whole world threw stones at you, if you still had your mom or dad watching your back, you’d be fine.”
Cared for by the love of our parents, we forget that the world is not so loving and helpful. The world loves us when we are at our best but our parents lift us up when we are down and love us no matter how low we have fallen.
25. “Parents were the only ones forced to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.”
The love of our parents is the best kind of love we can get in life. We didn’t have to earn our parents’ love by acting a certain way or accomplishing something. They love us for who we are, even before we really know who we want to be. The rest of the world is less kind than that.
26. “The most important thing parents can teach their children is how to live without them.”
Frank A Clark
Children are for much of their lives dependent on the love and care of their parents. However, one of the tasks of a parent is to teach a child how to be independent and get along with help and support.
27. “If your son has never hated you, you have never been a father.”
Parents spend a lot of time, energy, and love raising their children, but sometimes children can interpret their parents’ love in the wrong terms. Conflicts are natural between parents and children but they disappear as quickly as they appear.
28. “Parents need to understand the idea that ‘I love you all the time, but sometimes I don’t love your behavior.’”
Loving doesn’t mean tolerating terrible behavior and no one understands that better than a parent. Parents love their children with all their hearts, yet they do not hesitate to point out to their children the mistakes they are making.
29. “Having a child is like getting a tattoo on your face. You better compromise.”
The most important ingredient in parenting is commitment. Without commitment it is difficult to be a good father. Parenting is very challenging and can only be learned through trial. Commitment makes one more resilient and able to handle the stress of parenthood.
30. “Always kiss your children and say good night, even if they are already asleep.”
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Children always remember a simple gesture of love when it comes to their parents. They don’t remember all the expensive gifts but they remember the hugs, kisses and stories told at bedtime. Simple gestures make them feel loved and cared for.
31. “The best and freest investment you can make is spending time with your children.”
As a parent, spending quality time with your children is the surest path to building a close, healthy relationship. Making happy memories together will be something you will both cherish over time.
More messages and phrases for Dads
32. “Govern your house and you will know how much firewood and rice cost; raise your children, and you will know how much you owe your parents.”
33. “A father is worth a hundred teachers.”
34. “It is not flesh and blood, but the heart, that makes us fathers and sons.”
35. “The best legacy of a father to his children is a little of his time each day.”
Leon Battista Alberti
36. “When I was fourteen, my father was so ignorant that I couldn’t stand him. But when I turned twenty-one, it was amazing to me how much my father had learned in seven years.”
37. “A man who does not know how to be a good father is not a real man.”
38. “Having children does not make one a father, just as having a piano does not make one a pianist.”
39. “The hero’s dream is to be great everywhere and small next to his father.”
40. “People talk about coming of age. That does not exist. When you have a child, he is condemned to be a father for life. It is the children who depart from one. But we parents cannot separate ourselves from them.”
41. “What you have inherited from your parents, win it back or it will not be yours.”
42. “Parents have to do a lot to compensate for having children.”
43. “The father doing for his son is doing for himself.”
Miguel de Cervantes
44. “Love your parents if they are just; if they are not, put up with them.”
45. “A prudent father is he who knows his son.”
46. ”I can’t think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a parent’s protection.”
47. “A father who gives advice, more than a father is a friend.”
48. “The only perfect love in this world is that of the father for his son.”
49. “A father is not the one who gives life, that would be too easy, a father is the one who gives love.”
50. “A father is a treasure, a brother is a consolation: a friend is both.”
51. “Loving the mother of his children is the best thing a father can do for his children.”
52. “Virtue is an austere and triumphant book in which every father must make his son spell.”
53. “There is no word or brush that can express a father’s love.”
54. “God punishes the children for the faults of the parents, because he knows that there is no greater pain for the parents than the pain of the children.”
55. “Parents should be their children’s first friends.”
56. “How great wealth it is, even among the poor, to be the son of a good father!”
John Louis Vives
57. “What greater adornment can there be for a son than the glory of his father, or for a father than the honorable conduct of his son?”
58. “A good father is worth a hundred teachers.”
59. “There is nothing dearer to an elderly father than a daughter.”
60. “I have learned that when a newborn squeezes his father’s finger in his little fist for the first time, he has him trapped forever.”
Gabriel Garcia Marquez
I hope you have enjoyed these phrases for parents . Don’t forget to share them with your Father.