Thinking of becoming a runner but wondering why you should start? There are many reasons why you should fall in love with running.
Running is one of the best ways to improve your physical and mental health. It helps almost every aspect of your health, provides an outlet for stress relief, and improves your mood and overall happiness.
In addition to being good for your health, running is also a great physical activity that provides a bridge to make new friends and build strong relationships.
Running is also a great way to set a goal and then achieve it. If you need some purpose in your life, now is the time to take it and work towards your goal.
Plus running is free. You can run anywhere and it’s one of those exercises that doesn’t need any special equipment or a gym to get started.
What are you waiting for? Here are some really inspiring running quotes to motivate you to start or continue running.
60 runner phrases (Running)
1. “The miracle is not that it is over. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.”
2. “Don’t worry about being better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.”
3. “Don’t dream of winning, train for it!”
4. “Running allows me to free my mind. Nothing seems impossible. Nothing is unattainable.”
5. “I don’t run to add days to my life, I run to add life to my days.”
6. “Most people race to see who is faster. I run to see who has more guts.”
7. “Do a little more each day than you think you can do.”
8. “The pain of running eases the pain of living.”
Jacqueline Simon Gunn
9. “The joy is in the struggle, in the effort, in the suffering involved, not in the victory itself.”
10. “Somewhere in the world there is someone training while you are not. When you run with him, he will win.”
11. “Running is the best metaphor for life, because you get what you put out of it.”
12. “You will only grow as a human being if you are outside of your comfort zone.”
13. “If you don’t find the answers to your problems after running for four hours, you’re not going to find them.”
14. “The man who moves mountains begins by carrying small stones.”
15. “Never underestimate the power that a good workout can have on your mind. Keeping the dream alive is half the battle.”
Running quotes that will keep you inspired
16. “Trust me, the reward is not that great without the struggle.”
17. “Life is just like running and when we stop running maybe that is when we will know that life is finally over.”
18. “Ask yourself: ‘Can I give more?’ The answer is usually: ‘Yes.’
19. “Running is finding your inner peace and so is a life well lived.”
20. “Running is a big question mark that is there every day. He asks you: Are you going to be weak today or are you going to be strong?
21. “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.”
22. “Giving anything less than your best is sacrificing your gift.”
23. “Running is real and relatively simple but it is not easy.”
24. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.”
25. “Running is my private time, my therapy, my religion.”
Gail W Kislevitz
26. “Human beings are made of flesh and blood and a miraculous fiber called courage.”
27. “Don’t be afraid to go slowly, be afraid to stand still.”
28. “Get over yourself or lose: there are no other options.”
29. “He hated every minute of training but he told me ‘don’t give up, suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion’.”
30. “As all runners know, running is more than just putting one foot in front of the other; it is about our lifestyle and who we are.”
Joan Benoit Samuelson
More running phrases to help you move
31. “We all have dreams. But for dreams to become reality, it takes a lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort.”
32. “Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you have to, just never give up.”
33. “Run often and run a lot, but never leave the joy of running behind.”
34. “It is a hard road that leads to the heights of greatness.”
35. “Champions do not become champions when they win, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victory itself is only the demonstration of his character as a champion.”
T. Alan Armstrong
36. “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.”
37. “We run when we are scared, we run when we are ecstatic, we run when we run from our problems and we run for fun.”
38. “Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it is difficult to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time.”
39. “Good things come slow, especially in long-distance races.”
40. “It is on the brink of pain and suffering that men are separated from boys.”
41. “The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare.”
42. “If you train hard, you will not only be tough, you will be tough to beat.”
43. “If you are losing faith in human nature, go out and watch a marathon.”
44. “Putting miles into your daily training is like putting money in the bank. You begin to see interests immediately.”
45. “Get going. Get up and walk if you have to, but finish the damn race.”
Other motivational quotes for running (Running)
46. “Those who think they don’t have time to exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.”
47. “Passion is demanding myself when there is no one around, just me and the road.”
48. “I tell the runners to split the race into three. Run first with your head, then with your personality and finally with your heart.”
49. “Some people train knowing that they are not working as hard as other people. I don’t understand your way of thinking.”
50. “The obsession with running is really an obsession with the potential for more and more life.”
51. “ Perseverance can turn a failure into an extraordinary achievement.”
52. “Always make a full effort, even when the odds are against you.”
53. “There are three basic guidelines: take seriously the things you do, dedicate yourself body and soul to achieving the goal you have set for yourself, and convince yourself that the important thing in life is to finish what you start.”
45. “There is something magical about running; After a certain distance, it transcends the body. Then, a little further, it transcends the mind. A little further still and what you have before you exposed is the soul.
55. “If you want to run, run a kilometer. If you want to experience life in a totally different way, run a marathon.”
56. “I run because long after my tracks have faded, I may have inspired some to turn down the easy road, hit the trails, put one foot in front of the other, and come to the same conclusion I did: I run because I always run. takes me where I want to go.”
57. “Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. She knows that she has to run faster than the fastest lion if she doesn’t want to be devoured.
Every morning in Africa a lion wakes up. He knows that he has to run faster than the slowest gazelle if he doesn’t want to starve.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a lion or a gazelle. Every morning, when the sun rises, start running as fast as you can.”
58. “If you run, you are a runner. It doesn’t matter how fast or how far you go. It doesn’t matter if today is your first day or if you’ve been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no recognition to earn, no membership required. You just run.”
59. “At first it is very difficult to understand that the point is not to beat the other runners. Over time you learn that the real fight is against the small inner voice that asks you to give up.”
60. “I run because if I didn’t, I’d be slow and gloomy and spend too much time on the couch. I run to breathe fresh air. I run to explore. I run to escape the ordinary. I run to savor the journey down the road. Life becomes a little more vibrant, a little more intense and I like that.”
Which of these running phrases was your favorite?
Running is one of the most beneficial physical activities you could do. In addition to making us healthier, running is a great social activity that can help you build a stronger and more meaningful network of friends.
If you are not a natural runner, you do not have to worry at all. You don’t have to start running like a marathoner. Just a few minutes of running daily will significantly increase your happiness and make you live longer.
Did you enjoy these phrases? We’d love for you to tell us about them in the comments section below.