Reading a couple of beautiful phrases from daughters will remind you day after day how important your daughter is to you. These quotes will show you why every single sacrifice you’ve made for your daughter was worth it in the end.
The moment your daughter was born was probably the happiest moment of your life. The birth of a child is such an intense and wonderful moment that there are simply no words to describe the overwhelming joy that comes with it. When you hold your daughter for the first time in your hands, you feel endorphins rush throughout your body.
So many tensions and fears are instantly relieved when you see that your daughter, this precious little miracle of life, is well. To celebrate this deep bond you have with her wonderful daughter, I have collected a collection of phrases for a daughter.
In fact, it may seem as if you are filled with an overwhelming variety of emotions that can best be described as pure joy. At the same time you will also have realized the enormous responsibility that you had from that moment in which it was in your arms. The birth of your daughter may have been years or decades ago, but it is very likely that it has become one of the most important aspects of your life.
Table of Contents
- Phrases for my daughter really wonderful
The relationship you have with your daughter is probably quite powerful. In fact, a unique bond is established between you and your daughter at the moment of birth.
“They gave me a great gift. It is a miracle that never ceases to amaze me and reminds me to give thanks every day. Having a wife and daughter gives me so much more purpose. Before I was much more selfish, but now I think about what kind of role model I will be. I just want to be a better man.”
With this relationship comes a great variety of responsibilities and burdens but also a great number of sacrifices that must be made. However, all these challenges of being a mother or father are completely forgotten when you see the true miracle that is your daughter.
Phrases for my daughter really wonderful
What is so inspiring about the following quotes is that they come from authors who know the great responsibility and joy of having a daughter. As such, these inspiring people have found the right words to express their deep love and affection for their daughters.
Enjoy the following collection of quotes about daughters:
1. “Live your life as you want, I will have my arms outstretched for you and I will keep your secrets forever.”
2. “We must teach our girls that if they speak their minds, they can create the world they want to see.”
3. “A daughter is a rainbow, a curve of light through scattered mist that lifts the spirit with its prismatic presence. A daughter is a promise, kept.”
4. “A son is a son until he gets a wife, a daughter is a daughter for the rest of her life.”
Rajat Aka Shanu
5. “If daughters couldn’t soften a man, then nothing would.”
Linda Weaver Clarke
6. “You flooded my life with light just by looking into my eyes, minutes after I was born. You filled my house with your girlish laughter. You brighten my twilight with a simple call. Thank you for sharing your world with me.”
7. “A daughter is companion, friend and confidante of her mother, and the object of an enchantment similar to the love between angels, for her father.”
8. “There is something like a line of golden thread that runs through a man’s words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it becomes long enough for you to pick it up and weave it into a fabric that feels like love itself.”
John Gregory Brown
9. “Even when I was a little girl, I understood that women had secrets and that some of them were only told to daughters. In this way, we were united for eternity.”
10. “If a mother was sacrifice personified, then a daughter was guilty beyond repair.”
11. “Weddings are for fathers and daughters, not mothers. Weddings are for fathers and daughters because they are no longer married on that day.”
12. “I have the most beautiful daughter in the world and I am grateful for her.”
13. “Daughters. Sometimes they were as familiar and intimate as honeysuckles in bloom, but mostly the daughters were mysteries. They lived in rooms that they had long since abandoned and that they could not, nor did they wish, to ever enter again.”
Benjamin Alire Saenz
14. “What I really want to tell you is to pick up your baby and hug them tight, and put the moon on the edge of their crib and hang their name in the stars.”
15. “My daughter is the greatest gift; I’ve said it many times and it sounds like a cliché, but the thing about having a child is that when you think you’ve figured it all out and you’re at the top of your game, it changes again and you have to catch up and adapt. I feel such a responsibility to instill good values in her, to be educated, to have discipline.”
16. “To be a father of growing daughters is to understand something of what Yeats evokes with his timeless phrase ‘terrible beauty’. Nothing can make one so happily excited or so scared: it’s a solid lesson in one’s own limitations to realize that your heart runs inside someone else’s body. It also gives me an amazing calm when thinking about death: I know who I would die to protect and I also understand that no one but a grim servant could wish for a father who never leaves.”
17. “Be careful when you ask Karma for something you have always wanted. When I was young, I asked to be surrounded by beautiful women. Now I have a wife and four daughters.”
18. “Do you know how lucky you are to have a daughter who loves you so much?”
19. “These are my daughters, but where have my little ones gone!”
20. “I hope that my daughter grows up empowered and is not defined by her looks, but by the qualities that make her a smart, strong and responsible woman.”
21. “You may have started out as my daughter, but I have always understood that one day you would be a wife, mother, and helper in the kingdom of this Messiah. I will never ask you for anything again, but an entire world will.”
Michael Ben Zehabe
22. “We have to start teaching our daughters to be someone and not someone’s.”
23. “It is a known fact that every man’s heart is focused on having a daughter.”
24. “We honor both the mothers whose shoulders we have borne and the daughters who will one day stand firm on ours.”
25. “There is no affection so purely angelic as that of a father for his daughter. In his love for his wife, there is desire; to his sons, ambition, but in his love for his daughters there is a feeling impossible to express with words.
26. “She still remembered sitting for hours as a little girl and pretending to be a cushion. A foot stool. Because if she had been able to stay small and quiet, her mother would forget she was there and not scream about people, places and things that had gone wrong.”
27. “For a man in the twilight of his life, there is no one more loved than his daughter.”
28. “The difference between you and your daughter is only skin deep. Deep down she is a being equal to everyone, someone who needs love.
29. “Mothers and daughters together are a powerful force to be reckoned with.”
30. “Accept the fact that girls squeal when they are happy or confused or excited or scared or because they just saw a certain guy in line.”
Harry H Harrison Jr.
31. “A daughter is at the same time a copy of her mother and a totally different and unique person.”
32. “What I would like to give my daughter is freedom. And this is achieved by example, not by exhortation. Freedom is a loose rein, a permission to be different from her mother and to be loved anyway.”
33. “You are the rainbow, a pot of gold, my precious stone, salt and pepper, honey and laughter. You are the daughter of this dad.”
Burke and Gerlach
34. “Don’t forget to tell your daughters that God made them beautiful.”
More quotes and messages for a daughter
35. “Your daughter will not pay much attention to your instructions, advice and admonitions. But do not hesitate: she will be watching you to imitate you. Make sure you are a good role model.”
36. “He had been looking for her all his life. He had turned to poetry to find her. Now, in the midst of her life, he found her. She went in front of the love of her life, her daughter.”
37. “Daughter: I wish I could spare you the pain of learning, but I know it would deprive you of the pleasure of learning. I would like to spare you the pain of the first love frustrations, but I would deprive you of the maturity that suffering brings. I would like to be able to avoid the obstacles that will undoubtedly arise, but I would deprive you of the pride of overcoming them and thus discovering your own power as a woman .”
38. “In the depth of my little girl’s eyes, I discovered paradise.”
39. “My daughter is my greatest achievement. She is a little star and my life has changed so much for the better since she arrived.”
40. “I have a daughter and she is the best thing that has ever happened to me. She gives me a good excuse to watch cartoons.”
41. “Most parents do not see the war inside the daughter, her struggle with contradictory images of the idealized and imperfect father, her temptation to withdraw to his lap and the protection of dad and to move away from his embrace towards the world more over there from the house.”
42. “My life is reduced to three moments: the death of my father, meeting my husband and the birth of my daughter. Everything I did before that doesn’t seem to add up to much.”
43. “Having two daughters changed my perspective on a lot of things, and I definitely have a new respect for women. And I think I finally became a real, good man when I had a daughter.”
44. “What I like most about motherhood is the outpouring of love that is non-judgmental and non-beautiful. My daughter makes me happy, and she motivates me to be a girl again.”
45. “The daughter prays; the mother listens.”
46. “Every mother and daughter should find time to take a trip together. It is good for the soul.”
47. “I wanted to squeeze you in one last big hug, a hug that contains all the hugs that I have not given you: the ones when you were born and when you were little, the ones when you grew up and the ones you will need when I am gone.”
48. “Having a daughter is living with a princess.”
49. “A daughter is a treasure and a cause of insomnia.”
50. “Our daughters are the most precious of our treasures, the dearest possessions of our homes, and the objects of our most vigilant love.”
Margaret E. Sangster
51. “Ask the Moon to sing you a lullaby tonight. Ask the Moon to bring you with me, my soul girl.”
52. “Of all the restless moments of motherhood, few are made by hearing your own words come out of your daughter’s mouth.”
53. “Your joy is my joy, your heart makes mine beat.”
54. “A mother who radiates self-esteem and self-acceptance actually inoculates her daughter against low self-esteem.”
55. “Without my daughter, maybe my house would be clean and my wallet full, but my heart would be totally empty.”
56. “It is only through my daughter that I have come to realize that a life without femininity—devoid of mystery, emotion, gentleness, and the unfailing power of a woman’s love—is no life at all.”
57. “I waited for you with great desire, and when you came into my arms, I knew that you were the meaning of my life and that you were going to fill my days with joy.”
58. “I see who I want to be, in my daughter’s eyes.”
59. “From the first moment I saw you our lives were filled with joy and seeing that you continue to grow makes me feel proud of you.”
60. “I am not a perfect mother and I never will be. You are not a perfect daughter and you never will be. But let’s get together and we’ll be the best mother and daughter we’ll ever be.”
Some thoughts on the love of mother to daughter
Having a daughter is a blessing that brings a lot of joy and excitement to life. The girls are warm, loving and curious and fill the house with laughter and beauty. They are also very loyal, always ready to help and get involved in new things.
Having a daughter is like having a younger best friend. Daughters teach parents about the joys of childhood and the beauty of youth, while fathers teach their daughters about responsibility and trust.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this collection of phrases for a daughter . If you have a daughter, do not forget to share these phrases with them.