Are you looking for the best ones to share with your family or friends?
Sunday is the best day of the week. It’s a perfect day to sleep in, recharge batteries and offers a wonderful alternative to your busy work week. You can fully enjoy the whole day in the way you want and have a good time with your family and/or friends. For this reason, Sunday resembles the grand finale of your weekend adventures.
The stillness of Sunday helps you start the exciting week ahead. However, most of us get a little blue when the best day of the week is drawing to a close. To help you overcome this feeling, I have created the following collection of phrases about Sunday.
For most of us, Sunday means soccer, baseball, basketball , family time, and a great meal. Therefore it goes without saying that Sunday is the favorite day of most people.
Table of Contents
“Sunday is the finishing touch that unites the volume of the week.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Unfortunately, as pleasant as every Sunday is as soon as Monday arises. As soon as Sunday is drawing to a close a bit of melancholy and sadness begins to creep in.
Sometimes it feels like everyone around you falls into a collective state of malaise on a Sunday afternoon. In most people’s minds, the responsibilities and difficulties of the coming week slowly begin to mount. Fortunately, there are some Sunday phrases that can help you spend the end of Sunday much better.
The best phrases of Sunday
Below you will find a couple of inspiring phrases about Sunday. Enjoy them!
Here are these inspiring Sunday quotes:
1. “ Happiness is taking a hot bath on a Sunday afternoon.”
A. D. Posey
2. “Well, there’s nothing better than kicking your feet up on a Sunday afternoon and picking up a good book.”
3. “Sunday is the day I plan a lot but actually do nothing.”
4. “I have to be alone very often. I would be very happy if I spent from Saturday night to Monday morning alone in my apartment. This is how I refuel.”
5. “It’s not like we spend five days waiting for just two. It is that most people do what they enjoy the most on those two days. Imagine living a life where every day is your Saturday and Sunday. Make every day your weekend. Make every day a game day…”
James A. Murphy
6. “Sunday is God’s day, and he promised to honor it. The fact that we had other business this day does not justify changing our lifelong commitment.”
7. “Always take part of the game, the fun, the freedom and the wonder of the weekend in your week and in your work.”
8. “Oh holy Sunday, let your darkness not come my way. Let her nurture the inner and outer world when my personal day begins.”
9. “Take it easy and give your soul a chance to catch up with your body, this is what Sundays are all about.”
10. “Each of us has different ways to spend our Sunday, but one is common: Sunday is for you, so make it count.”
11. “Sunday afternoon, an ideal time like no other, if you have a friend close at hand, feel the need to open your heart and tell everything.”
12. “How do I like to spend my day off? I like to drink a juice, go to the bookstore, get a tan, and then flirt with pharma tech at Walmart.”
13. “Sunday is the finishing touch that unites the volume of the week.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
14. “On Sunday mornings, as dawn faded into the day, swarms of seagulls descended on the uncollected rubbish, fluttering and falling in the cold, clear light.”
15. “Now I know why the Lord took his day off on Sunday. That is my favorite day. And the day we can really relax.”
Jason F. Wright
16. “I am always happy to see my friend, and my friend is my weekend.”
17. “Sunday, the day of the language of leisure.”
18. “Why do we always wait for a Friday to have fun? This Sunday is the day. Enjoy it!”
19. “Weekends are too short to sleep in!”
Bryant A Loney
20. “On Sunday morning, I’m not nervous…I can’t wait to say what God wants me to say.”
21. “I’ve been saying for a couple of years that people need to let God out of the box on Sunday mornings. That He doesn’t just want to be with you for an hour or two on Sunday mornings and then go back into his box to sit there until you have an emergency. What He wants is to invade your Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.”
22. “Get in the habit of getting up early on weekends. Why waste so much time in bed?
Marilyn vos Savant
23. “I am obsessed with radio. It’s a good start to Sunday morning.”
R. L. Stine
24. “When I woke up Sunday morning and went out and felt the wind and rain on my face, I knew I had an excellent chance of winning if I just took my time and believed in myself.”
25. “Nothing beats a Woody Allen movie on a Sunday night, with a glass of wine and a few leftovers.”
More phrases about Sunday
26. “It was a wet and sad Sunday afternoon ; there is no spectacle in the world more boring than a rainy Sunday in London.”
27. “Sunday nights sometimes feel like the weekend is over before it starts.”
28. “Sunday is my favorite day.”
29. “I once spent a year in Philly, I think it was on a Sunday.”
30. “Always try to stand out but only on weekends.”
31. “Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely useless.”
32. “I wish every Sunday came with a pause button!”
33. “Weekends are sacred to me. They are the perfect time to relax and spend time with family and friends.”
34. “I love weekends. Like everyone else, I rest on the weekends and go out with friends. I hate Mondays.”
35. “On weekends, I sit in an armchair on my balcony. I love being outside when the weather is nice. I can stay there all day.”
Sue Monk Kidd
36. “Millions of people who yearn for immortality don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.”
37. “A Sunday well spent brings a week full of new content.”
38. “Wherever you go… Even on a rainy Sunday, always bring your own sun.”
39. “Entrepreneurs don’t have weekends or birthdays or holidays. Every day is my weekend, my birthday, my vacation. Or, every day is my work day. Mostly, it’s a choice.”
40. “Oh dear Sunday, I want to sleep in your arms and have a fun day.”
41. “Poetry is more realistic when it is expressed on a Sunday”
42. “When you’re single , your weekend days are wide-open vistas that stretch out in all directions; in a relationship, they are like the sky over Manhattan: perforated, locked up and compressed.”
43. “Honestly, I have never understood the glorification of Fridays and weekends. I don’t want to build a life and pursue a career where I spent five days a week waiting for the weekend. No! I want to enjoy my life and I don’t want any day of the week. I want every day to matter to me in some way even if it’s something small. I love my life. Every day. That is the spirit that we must transmit around us.”
44. “Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week.”
45. “The only reason we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend.”
46. “Sunday is the best day. Because you know you had an amazing week. Sunday is the time to recover and think positively about how you are going to start this new week.”
47. Don’t let them take Sunday away from you. If your soul does not have a Sunday, it becomes an orphan.”
48. “Today is Sunday and the question arises, what am I going to do tomorrow?”
49. “The life of the rich is one long Sunday.”
50. “Sunday, for me, is being home with the family without any plans.”
I hope you have enjoyed this collection of Sunday phrases.