50th birthday: 50 great sayings & 5 sample texts for your congratulations
Table of Contents
- 50th birthday: 50 great sayings & 5 sample texts for your congratulations
- Happy 50th birthday
- 5 sample texts for the 50th birthday
- 50 sayings for the 50th birthday
50th birthday sayings can be beautiful, funny, or thoughtful. We have created a selection of sayings and sample texts for you with which you can give family members, friends, acquaintances and work colleagues a special treat on their 50th birthday. This is how you are sure to hit the right note.
Happy 50th birthday
The 50th birthday is usually the biggest of all birthdays. Although not everyone lives to be a hundred, people like to see their 50th birthday as the center of life. So there are special congratulations that require sensitivity. Because not everyone is really happy about it at their 50th. Many people have problems getting older and would not be happy if their age appeared on every greeting card. Others are happy and like to celebrate their old age. In any case, it is important to include your personal relationship with you and to adapt it to your congratulations.
5 sample texts for the 50th birthday
The following sample texts are a combination of sayings and text. A saying always looks great in a card and can also be easily integrated into the text. Now it is quite difficult to formulate your own text and not sound trite. In order to make something special out of your congratulations, we have created five sample texts that you can use as a guide. The first three examples are a little more personal and loving, i.e. intended for family or good friends. The other two examples are more classic and general. They are suitable for acquaintances or work colleagues.
Example 1: To the mother
What you have achieved in the last fifty years, some people do not manage in their entire life. I thank you for everything and I am proud that you always gave everything for our family. So enjoy the day and be proud of yourself too. You still look great and you will always be the most beautiful mother to me anyway.
I love you and only wish you the best for your birthday!
Q – You look fabulous today.
Ü – Your joy is everywhere in the house.
N – They came just for you.
F – They want to celebrate with you, you have probably heard that.
Z – We congratulate you on your birthday.
I – I especially, all the best of me.
G – You have reached the golden fifty, your beauty is not yet hidden.
Example 2: To the father
Hello dear father,
dear protector and advisor,
dear listener and personal hero,
there is a lot that I like about you.
You are a role model for me
, I have to tell you,
you have often made me
dare to take a chance in life .
Today for your big party,
I only wish you the best!
Give you a kiss on the cheek
to congratulate you, I like to stand in line.
I love you dearly, your daughter.
Example 3: To the sister or the brother
Sister heart, … / brother heart, …
not much longer and it will come to me too. But I know 50 isn’t that bad when I look at you. You were and always are my role model. I wish you a happy birthday and I look forward to spending the day with you today. Even if we don’t see each other that often, I always feel connected to you and am grateful to have you in my life.
Example 4: To a friend
now you have reached 50 and I wish you all the luck in the world for this day. I am incredibly happy to be able to call you my girlfriend and look forward to the next few years with you. You are a strong woman who, by the way, has held up great! I love you very much. Happy Birthday.
Example 4: To a friend
At fifty you can already look back on a long and successful life.
But I wish you from the bottom of my heart that it will go on just as long and successfully. Thank you for the invitation, I am happy to be with you today.
I wish you a happy 50th birthday.
Example 5: To a colleague
Our job is really not always comfortable,
but working with you is very pleasant.
You are calm and relaxed, even in stressful situations –
happy birthday, and please keep it up!
50 sayings for the 50th birthday
There are many types of 50th birthday sayings. They are as different as people themselves. For this reason, you should think carefully about whom you write which saying on the greeting card. While some are humorous and relaxed about their age, others are sensitive and would prefer not to celebrate their 50s at all.
In any case, it’s nice to highlight life’s milestones. In this way you not only wish all the best for the years to come, but also reflect on the years that have already been fulfilled and in which so much has been achieved. Many people at this age prefer to look back rather than forward. Show empathy by finding out how the person feels about their age.
Happy 50th birthday sayings
The following beautiful sayings praise the 50th birthday and aging. They highlight its positive sides and are in any case also suitable for people who are more sensitive to their age. They are wisdoms that are in principle suitable for any older age without inadvertently offending the birthday child. You can write it on your greeting card or on a gift tag. If you particularly like a saying, you can even frame it and give it away. You will find suitable sayings here, especially for good friends or family.
- To get your youth back, all you have to do is repeat your follies.
- 40 years is the age of youth,
50 is the youth of old age.
- Age. What is age Isn’t every age a gift?
- Remember not only what has been done, but also what will be done.
- The happiness of your life depends on the nature of your thoughts.
- The virtue that arises after fifty years
has no value as a preaching.
- When I was fifteen, all my will was focused on learning.
When I was thirty I was established.
At forty, I had no more doubts.
At fifty, I knew Heaven’s will.
By the time I was sixty, I had a keen ear to hear good and bad, true and false.
At seventy, I could follow the desires of my heart without going too far.
- The secret of happiness is to count the high points of life instead of birthdays.
- Being young has its advantages, but being old also has its advantages.
At fifty you are in the golden mean – and that also has its advantages.
- Age is just a number – and I think 50 is a very nice number.
- Your best time begins today,
life still has many surprises in store for you.
Hooray, it’s your birthday today, your
fiftieth, everyone knows that.
Everything is ready for the celebration,
we wish you a great time.
- You don’t stop laughing because you get old. You get old because you stop laughing. So keep your smile on for another 50 years.
- Friends are like shoes, when you are young you can’t have enough and later you realize that they are always the same with whom you feel comfortable. You are such a joy. Happy 50th birthday.
- Rain, clouds or sunshine,
that can’t be important today.
A big birthday is
coming up, you don’t look like fifty at all.
May our best wishes accompany you
and guide you safely through the years to come.
- I want to say a toast on your birthday. My life has been enriched by your friendship and the world has been a better place for the past 50 years. Stay the same for the next 50 as you are.
Sayings about aging for 50th birthday
You need to be extra careful with 50th birthday sayings that deal with aging. Aging is a process that not everyone likes and not every saying addresses the good sides of aging. So make sure that the person you are congratulating doesn’t feel offended. After all, you want to make her happy on her birthday.
When choosing your sayings, you should always consider how old you are yourself. When a fifty-year-old talks about their fiftieth birthday it is very different from when a twenty-year-old comments on it or even jokes about it. So you should be able to identify yourself with the saying and not choose any wisdom about aging if you are still very young yourself.
- Learn to grow old with a young heart. That’s all the art.
- Anyone who retains the ability
to see beautiful things
will never grow old.
- It is not the years in our lives that count,
but life in our years.
(Adlai E. Stevenson)
- Aging means becoming clear about yourself.
(Simone de Beauvoir)
- From the youth standpoint,
life is an infinitely long future. A very short past
from the standpoint of age
- 50 meters have been walked quickly,
50 kilos are no longer easily lifted,
but to live well for 50 years you need a lot of strength.
You had this power and you will be richly rewarded for it today!
(Frank von Schillerberg-Gosheim)
- At fifty you are not too young.
And, at fifty you are not too old.
At fifty you’re in the right place.
- Happy 50th birthday. This milestone brings you the privilege of no longer needing an excuse to stay home on Saturday night. But you shouldn’t abuse privileges either, so don’t forget to go out every now and then, because fun is the elixir of youth.
- Welcome every fold. Greet any gray hair.
You are the artist of life and year after year.
- You know that you will get old if you only wish for your birthday that nobody would remind you of you.
Rhyming sayings for the 50th birthday
Proverbs with rhymes are not only clearer and easier to read, they are also easier to memorize. Due to the melody that plays in your head while reading, the sentences read themselves as if by themselves. This is why there are so many rhyming sayings for a 50th birthday. We have selected the best copies for you.
Tip: Rhymes also help you to write your own saying. So you can just hang around the individual rhyming words. Think about the rhymes in advance, then think of the context for them.
- In 50 years you have experienced and seen a lot.
I wish you will continue to do well in the future.
- 50 years – unbelievable, so raise your cups today!
- You are now looking back on 50 years of life. I hope they were all very happy.
- The years do not make old people old,
and neither does gray hair.
You are only old when you lose heart
and are no longer interested in anything.
- You have now reached the fifth round number. As a congratulation, we let you cheer for every time.
- I do not want to choose my wishes for long,
modestly I wish two things:
You should count another fifty years
like this and I will always be there!
- You turned golden fifty today,
but your beauty is not yet hidden!
- You can see it in you today,
how quickly time can go by.
But don’t be sad – nobody is safe from it,
nobody is exempt from aging. So look
at your life without anger – always look ahead.
- You have already experienced so much, already achieved so much,
it would be laughable
if you didn’t complete the next 50!
(Frank von Schillerberg-Gosheim)
- I have to say, I think it’s really great. You have half a century full!
Funny sayings for the 50th birthday
The funny sayings for a 50th birthday are not for everyone. For one thing, you should know the person well enough to be able to assess their sense of humor. On the other hand, you shouldn’t necessarily congratulate friends, colleagues or your boss with a funny saying on their birthday. The business relationship is usually not so friendly. Choose a funny saying if you know the birthday child well and know that you can put a smile on their face with it.
- From 50 it is our duty to do all the nonsense that we had no money for when we were 20.
- Women discovered the theory of relativity long before Einstein;
It has always taken them fifty years to turn forty.
(Henry Blake Fuller)
- At fifty you are so young that you can still do a lot of stupid things – but old enough to pick the right ones.
- You have not turned 50 today, but 20 with 30 years of experience.
- You get old when the candles cost more than the birthday cake.
- Finally 50 – you are getting closer and closer to retirement.
- Time goes by so quickly, you can tell that on some chassis. But with you there one can say that the 50 are still to be worn. You are still fit and cheerful, so take good care of your chassis.
- Now with your 50th birthday, the children are old enough to take care of themselves and you are young enough to really hit the drum again and enjoy your life to the fullest. Have lots of fun with it. Happy Birthday!
- Half a century – don’t make me laugh! Starting today, things really get down to business!
- When I was young I was told, “Just wait until you’re fifty and you’ll see.” Now I’m fifty and I see absolutely nothing.
- A few wise words for you on your birthday: “Smile while you still have teeth.”
- At the age of 66, that’s when life begins! So you have to be patient a little longer.
- The secrets of eternal youth are always to be honest, eat slowly, and lie about your real age.
- If your life were a soccer game,
the referee would probably whistle at halftime.
So do like the footballers:
take a little break.
And then continue with the same power as before!
- You don’t have to be afraid of getting old – gray hair can be dyed!